ICRC Position: Forensic Programme Assistant in Iran
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) searches a forensic programme assistant. Application deadline: 12. April 2023.
Vacant Position: Forensic Programme Assistant
Type of contract: Resident Staff – Fixed Term Employment Contract
Duration of assignment: 12 months, extendable
Place of work: Tehran
Established in 1863, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and employ some 20,000 people in more than 100 countries. The ICRC is funded mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. In Iran, the ICRC promotes International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and works with the authorities to address the consequences of the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, particularly the issue of missing persons and the contamination by explosive remnants of war such as mines. We work with the Iranian Red Crescent Society (IRCS) and other partners and maintain a logistics capacity to support ICRC operations in the region. The ICRC also contributes to the humanitarian response of migrants.
The Forensic Programme Assistant contributes to assist the implementation of forensic programmes and activity in line with the ICRC’s Forensic Strategy and set up in the Middle East Region. S/he supports the Forensic Specialist in addressing humanitarian concerns related to strengthening and supporting the forensic structure and Medico-Legal System in Iran and contributing to the ICRC multidisciplinary response to missing persons in conflicts, disasters, and migration. S/he is the focal point for forensic information management, event organization, project support and internal and external communications.
C. Key Responsibilities
▪ Provides technical and administrative support for forensic programmes and activities.
▪ In charge of forensic information management documentation and archiving.
▪ Collect, compile, translate and interpret information about forensic files: medico legal system and forensic services assessment, migration, emergency, and conflict.
▪ Participates in forensic-related meetings, seminars, delegation meetings, training sessions.
▪ Organizes the logistics and support training sessions and workshops on forensics issues.
▪ Disseminates ICRC information/messages on forensic science and humanitarian action.
▪ Follow-up on work-related correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
▪ Contribute to the department’s reporting
D. Professional experience and education required
▪ Experience in forensic case work
▪ At least 3 years’ proven experience in forensic practice
▪ Proven skills and experience in communicating/raising awareness on forensic issue and ability to adapt messages to different audiences.
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in medical, biological or forensic sciences
▪ Fluent command of English
▪ Work or volunteer experience in international organizations or NGOs an asset
E. Application process and job length:
▪ All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume in English to the following email address: teh_recruitment_services (On the subject line of your email, please enter: Forensic Programme Assistant.
▪ Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further process
▪ All submissions MUST be received by the closing date of Wednesday 12 April 2023.
▪ Desired start date: 1 June 2023